My Top 5 News Sources

There are so many different ways to acquire news now. Social media now deliver us news right at our fingertips on an app we are already on. With that being said, I try to find the most accurate news that is also easily accessible, because we all know social media can be tainted. Here are my top 5 news sources for different types of information.

The New York Times
The New York Times is one of my personal favorites because it is an easy place to get reliable news about a multitude of topics. I don't feel like I have to keep searching after looking at the New York Times. Another nice thing about the New York Times is they have a special offer for college students. To subscribe to the New York Times as a college Student it can cost as little as a $1 a week versus almost $4.

E! News
E! News is where I go to stay up to date on the latest pop culture news. For most, this might seem trivial but I love studying pop culture trends. It is also hard to find reliable news sources in this category, considering most are tabloids.

The Skimm
The Skimm is an easy way to get news because it is sent right to your email. It is perfect for busy people who don't have time to search. It rounds up all the important news and gives you a summary of what is going on in the world that day.

Twitter
While social media isn't my favorite form of receiving news, I personally think twitter is amazing for giving you updates right at your fingertips. I personally find being able to receive updates on import events in live time via twitter is an amazing perk of social media. As with any news source, one must check the credibility of the tweet and if need be look at other sites for more details.

The Washington Post
The Washington Post is my favorite place to find all things Political. It keeps me up to date on all the White House news and more. The Washington Post is an easy place to find political news from an unbiased opinion.

Comments